6.5x284 built on Tikka T3 action

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Tikkamike, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Tikkamike

Tikkamike Well-Known Member

Just before Christmas I picked up the rifle I had built for my dad. It is a 6.5x284 build on a Tikka T3 action. Here are the specs
    Left Handed Tikka T3 stainless action
    Lilja #3 finished at 27.5"
    Tubb Recoil Lug
    Pillar and Glass Bedded Helmick Stock.

Helmick stocks come with a Tikka recoil lug bedded into them but I asked for mine with no lug and no lug inlet then had the smith inlet it for the remington style lug. It turned out very nicely.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

That's good looking!

3. TimeOnTarget

TimeOnTarget Well-Known Member

Great looking rifle Mike!

We'll have to swap load data as i have a 6.5x284 barrel on the way for my savage action.

4. TikkaShooters

TikkaShooters Official LRH Sponsor

Hey Mike

Pm me on this one. I'd like more info!

5. goodooga

goodooga New Member

Hi mike,
    Can you tell me which donor action you used. 30-06? I was wondering if tikka use the same bolt face for 6.5x55 as the .308 family.
    Also, have you had any feed problems from the magazine?
    Thanks

6. elkoholic72

elkoholic72 Well-Known Member

Very nice Mike! I love my customized Tikkas sometimes more than my full customs. It is hard to beat the slick cycling of a Tikka or Sako action.
    Ben

7. BRIT

BRIT Well-Known Member

Hi Mike
    That is a very Handsome Rifle you have Sir. The Stock in particular appeals to me. Very impressed with your answer to the Recoil Lug used in the standard T3, I have not seen the Rem style Lug fitted to a Tikka before.
    I too am a Leftie and have a 6.5x284 built on an older Tikka 690 Action. I am using the 120 Grain Nosler BT with N165 Powder, Fed 210M Primer and Lapua Case. Mine is a .292 Neck as it was the only Reamer my smith had.

Goodooga.

I do not know if this helps at all but my Tikka 690 was a 6.5X55 when it came from the Factory and I had it Rebarrelled in 6.5x284 with no issues. The 284 case feeds fine from the Tikka Mag too.

Brit.