6.5x284 BOW load

TimeOnTarget

I Know not to long ago there was a post here that contained the Best of the West 6.5x284 140vld load info. I believe the load was pushed by rutumbo.

I've been trying to locate this thread for the last 1hr with no success.

Anyone know the load i speak of or know of the thread that contained it?

Thanks

The BOW load is 59 gr of Retumbo, 215 Fed primer, Lapua brass, 140 Berger Hunting VLD. Velocity runs 2965FPS. This load produces .25-.5 MOA, with 5-10ES, in my two 6.5x284 Norma rifles.

I Know not to long ago there was a post here that contained the Best of the West 6.5x284 140vld load info. I believe the load was pushed by rutumbo.

I've been trying to locate this thread for the last 1hr with no success.

Anyone know the load i speak of or know of the thread that contained it?

Thanks
id there something special about this load? if your taking the time to load ammo build your own load, their load is generic meaning its not full pressure so that its safe for all guns. I saw you also ask about seating depth, every gun is different, just find a starting spot and tweak as needed.

Mike,

Id read alot about retumbo getting better velocities than 4831.

I thought that this load would be a good starting point. As far as the seating depth question, why not start with something that is already working for someone else?

Well you have to start somewhere, so thats a good point, I just wouldnt count on that specific starting point to be the best. I (and I think a lot of people do this) starts .010 off the lands (depending on magazine length and if they want to use it) It is very common for guns to like bullets close to the lands, or even in the lands. As far as wanting to use retumbo thats great, I was under the impression you wanted to duplicate the BOTW load not just use it as a starting point. I didnt see the point of replicating it. But sounds like your on the right path. Good luck!

Well you have to start somewhere, so thats a good point, I just wouldnt count on that specific starting point to be the best. I (and I think a lot of people do this) starts .010 off the lands (depending on magazine length and if they want to use it) It is very common for guns to like bullets close to the lands, or even in the lands. As far as wanting to use retumbo thats great, I was under the impression you wanted to duplicate the BOTW load not just use it as a starting point. I didnt see the point of replicating it. But sounds like your on the right path. Good luck!

BOW has stated that they generally run .025" out of the lands with the load listed above,just in case someone did want to duplicate the load exactly.

Man the title to this thread is VERY misleading! Bow vs. boTw...
I was really lookin forward to a "heres your sign" award type post. Not that anybody here would ever load an arrow with powder, & stuff a primer in with a rear facing bullet in front to touch it off on impact......:rolleyes:
Man now I'm gonna be bummed ALL DAY cause of a typo:D

Man the title to this thread is VERY misleading! Bow vs. boTw...
I was really lookin forward to a "heres your sign" award type post. Not that anybody here would ever load an arrow with powder, & stuff a primer in with a rear facing bullet in front to touch it off on impact......:rolleyes:
Man now I'm gonna be bummed ALL DAY cause of a typo:D
Dont be bummed, there are still plenty of idiots out there, turn on the news!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.