6.5x284 1000 yard BR pistol

Here are a couple of the best groups of the day all shooting was at 500 yards
P1000870.jpg

P1000873.jpg

Great shooting and nice videos. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Wow! nice groups Eric. Darn good shooting and that SP rocks. This is encouraging as I just bought a rifle in 6.5X284. What was the make of that "flatbase"? are these the only two bullets you've tried? Thanks for sharing man. JohnnyK.

Wow! nice groups Eric. Darn good shooting and that SP rocks. This is encouraging as I just bought a rifle in 6.5X284. What was the make of that "flatbase"? are these the only two bullets you've tried? Thanks for sharing man. JohnnyK.

I got the bullets from a guy at the IBS 1000 yard nationals a couple years ago CS is on the box cant remember the guy that makes them.
I have shot 142g SMK a lot in my 1K br rifles with good results I dont have any to try I need to order a box or 2 of 500 sometime this season. I have had good luck with R-22 and H4831SC with 5 shot groups in the 3" range at 1000 Yards in BR matches with the 142g SMK. We will see how it shoots April 17 as I plan on attending the Iowa 1000 Yard match and shooting the SP.

Good luck with your 6.5x284 it is a very accurate cartage.

Hey thanks for the info on the bullets and powder. I have both those powders you listed (plus several more). I'm waiting to order brass/dies and bullets (moving to Savannah, Georgia) and it's about to drive me crazy. Good luck with your "shoot" in Iowa and I hope everything goes smooth for you. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.