6.5PRC - 130gr bullets ?

Good call. My lapau shows signs of pressure at a lower charge than hornady and adg. FYI
Oddly enough, my new Lapua cases were showing a DROP in velocity over the Hornady cases. I'm not sure if that was due to minor fireforming to chamber dimensions or a LabRadar fluke.

I am showing 80 ft/sec decline in the new cases.

I'm running the 130TMK bullets with 57.5gr RE26 at just over 3,000 ft/sec with surprising accuracy. Loaded .010"-.015"-.020"-.025 off the rifling all shoot similar size groups at 400 yds.

While the accuracy is impressive I expected to see more velocity. What velocity are you getting with 130 class bullets in your PRC rifles.

I am using Lapua cases, Fed 210M primers and firing in a 23.5" Proof barrel.loads?
Have any of you 6.5 precision creedmore shooters ever tried H4895 powder in any of

Oddly enough, my new Lapua cases were showing a DROP in velocity over the Hornady cases. I'm not sure if that was due to minor fireforming to chamber dimensions or a LabRadar fluke.

I am showing 80 ft/sec decline in the new cases.
You smart fellas correct me if I'm wrong but you should pick up 70 to 100 feet/ft/sec after 1st firing of new brass. My 300 WM Peterson brass picked up 100 fps on 2nd firing. As far as Hornady vs Adg brass the lighter wt. Hornaday brass has more internal volume (more room for combustion of powder) then the ADG brass. Re work up your loads with new brass after 1 st firing.

You smart fellas correct me if I'm wrong but you should pick up 70 to 100 feet/ft/sec after 1st firing of new brass. My 300 WM Peterson brass picked up 100 fps on 2nd firing. As far as Hornady vs Adg brass the lighter wt. Hornaday brass has more internal volume (more room for combustion of powder) then the ADG brass. Re work up your loads with new brass after 1 st firing.
I'll let you know because I just reloaded the same brass and will be headed to the club on Friday.

Usually brass isn't seeing any FPS effect. It's barrel break in. I have used never fired brass and Multiple fired and get same fps.

If you are shooting the "regular" 300WM
Brass your case is likely stretch .010-.012" at firing. The 300 WM "Long" brass is on average .010" longer than the regular brass.

Usually brass isn't seeing any FPS effect. It's barrel break in. I have used never fired brass and Multiple fired and get same fps.
You may not have. My experience was 300 WM Sig brass first firing velocity of 2,845fps. 200 g-king. Next day second firing of brass exact same components and charge, velocity was 2940 fps. Stumped me and someone on this site suggested it was 1st vs 2nd firing causing difference. 3rd day with same components alternated shots with virgin brass vs second firing brass and exact same results.. Temperature was within 5 degrees each day. That is why I and many others on this site never start ladder testing until second firing...

You may not have. My experience was 300 WM Sig brass first firing velocity of 2,845fps. 200 g-king. Next day second firing of brass exact same components and charge, velocity was 2940 fps. Stumped me and someone on this site suggested it was 1st vs 2nd firing causing difference. 3rd day with same components alternated shots with virgin brass vs second firing brass and exact same results.. Temperature was within 5 degrees each day. That is why I and many others on this site never start ladder testing until second firing...
Understood. I've never seen that large of swing but now that I think back severely undersized brass and belted cases do have more room to grow. The prc cases don't move that much. You get about .004 growth. I have gw, adg, hornady, and lapau. All are very similar in fps new to multiple fired. Actually doing a test on hornady now with a group of 10. Virgin to 5x currently.

Recent Posts