6.5 ultra mag ballistics?

Mike,

You really went digging for this old post. Are you looking for things to do?? LOL

My comment was directed toward the lack of commerically available high BC 257 bullets on the market compared to the 6.5mm which has several "good" BC bullets that are easily attainable. At least I think that is what I ment rereading the post. That was a LONG TIME AGO!!!

Take care,
Yes, see im a landscaper thats sits on my *** all winter after hunting season with nothing to do waiting on snow or spring to come. LOL, just ask my wife she is very jealous every morning getting ready to go to work and im still in bed. I didnt know that was an old thread serious! I sent you a email concerning what im looking at and how to make contact with you. BTW my wife does have dinner sitting on the table as she walks thru door at 5;30 in winter months, of course after the laundry and floors have been swifted.:)
Mike

I have been shooting a 6.5 x .300/.7mm RUM for awhile and getting very similar
velocities. I am shooting mostly 142 SMK's and 140 Berger's and using the slowest
powders, in a 32" barrel.

Jase,

I have been shooting a 6.5 x .300/.7mm RUM for awhile and getting very similar
velocities. I am shooting mostly 142 SMK's and 140 Berger's and using the slowest
powders, in a 32" barrel.

I am coming to this thread very late. I was trying to find the water capacity of the 6.5Alle and found this thread. By using the H335 powder in my case I will be able to compare volumes.

Do you lengthen the necks or use them as they are?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts