6.5 saum

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by jwing, May 1, 2011.

1. jwing

jwing Well-Known Member

was looking for load data for 130 to 142 bullets.

2. elkaholic

elkaholic Well-Known Member

JWING.....Doesn't look like you are having much luck finding loads (not too many 6.5 saum's out there). I think I can get you in the ball park by comparing to my 6.5 Sherman which holds a couple grains more powder. I find that my max loads with my 300 Sherman are usually a gr. or 2 over the 300 SAUM so I am guessing the 6.5's should be about the same? I shoot 63 grains of Retumbo behind a 140 Berger for about 3150' and have fired 65 grs. for over 3200'. This is from a 26" barrel. I would start with 59 grains and work my way up carefully, if I were you. I'm guessing you will max out around 63 grains........Rich

3. jwing

jwing Well-Known Member

thanks for the help! I was just looking for some starting points. Was hoping to do better than 3200 but will be happy if that is all i get. I am going to try new hogdon hybrid v 100 ans super preformance.

it that the only powders you have used?

there is not a lot of info on the 6 saum. I was going to look at the starting load in 7 saum and work my way up. what do you think?

thanks