6.5 rem mag

rwk

Using barnes 130gr. tsx how far can i stick them out, and does any one have some good loads. This will be for a new chambered barrel. Rich

Using barnes 130gr. tsx how far can i stick them out, and does any one have some good loads. This will be for a new chambered barrel. Rich

if your having a new barrel chambered build a dummy round to the dimensions you like and have it throated for that round, as far as loads go I cant help you

Because of the lenght of those looooong 264 bullets you will be limited by the length of your action and magazine.

I have a 6.5 rem mag but it was a rebarrel of a 300 win mag (long action) and I stick them pretty far out and could go further

HPIM1163.jpg

HPIM1160.jpg

If you have a Remington or Winchester it is possible that you could get a Wyatt's box and increase the length of your magazine but if it is a short action you will be limited by the ejection port and may have a feeding issue if you make the loads too long.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.