6.5 mm Creedmoor 120 amax

Got a chance at an Arkansas whitetail this morning. 283 ranged yards with the 6.5 creedmoor and the 120 Amax. 1 well placed shot to the neck = DRT. So far so good with the Amax.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 123
Dude, I can shoot a whitetail @ 300 yards with a .17 Rem Fireball in the base of the skull and it will drop DRT......Neck shots don't say much for bullet quality at all. Any sharp object stuffed inbetween the vertebrae can clip the spinal cord and will work perfectly. :cool:

That is a nice buck, though.

Dude I didn't say it was the best bullet ever. I simply said so far so good. I plan to do more testing with the Amax. Don't worry I will let you know how it goes.

I don't what could have happened . I've shot Deer from 50-300 yds and never had an issue. The only one that did not get a complete pass was the one at 50 yards . We found the sst round just under the skin in the off side shoulder classic mushroom in tact. All shots have been in the shoulders in the Superformance round starts out at 2950 ( verified ) . What range were the coyotes at?

Anywhere from 50-100 yards. I shot 5 dogs with that load and worked great on them. I had complete pass throughs but the exit hole was usually the size of a softball. Which tells me there wasnt much left of the bullet.

Update. So far 3 dead deer with the 120 amax from a 6.5 creed. 2 neck shot = equals DRT obviously. Took a 500yard+ shot at a doe yesterday. Entry right behind the shoulder and exited through the offside shoulder. Deer went 20 yards and piled. At this point I couldn't be happier with the Amax.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.