6.5 Grendel SKS conversion?

sh3rm4nt4nk

How much work/ money would it take? Is the 6.5 Grendel really a necked down 7.62x39? I know its based on the .220 Russian and that is based on the 7.62x39 but are the case dimensions close enough rebarrel and use the same action? Just curious really.

I believe I saw an SKS converted to 22PPC that sold over on 6BR. It was a couple of weeks ago.
I think the guy said it was a project rifle built by a gunsmith student. You might try tracking it down and hitting him up for info.

Thanks! I found it. I'll ask what he knows but he said in the post that he got it from a friend who's cousin is a gunsmith who rebarreled and chambered it when he was in school. Maybe I can contact his friend's cousin.

I also found a thread on another forum by a guy who was converting an sks to 6.5 Grendel. It was from 2008 and doesn't show him completing the project. He swapped the barrel then showed how the 6.5G is longer than the 7.62x39 and wont fit the stock magazine, then the thread ends. I'll try to contact him too.

Weaponeer Forums: SKS conversion to 6.5 Grendel

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.