6.5 gap .81 FB finicky with 147s?

DJ Fergus

Can anyone tell me if they've had any issues running 147s in the .081 freebore Gap? Any problems with donuts? Any chances of it being finicky? I'm a little skeptical with a 147 seated that deep.

I have the same combo but I throated mine out. I shoot the 147s almost exclusively. Easy to tune and great bc. I don't know about donuts in the 6.5 brass yet because I bought adg already formed. If you made brass from 7 saum then I would check for the donuts. They don't form on a consistent basis and can definitely give eratic grouping. I have a Wyatt's long box in mine and the 147s fit real nice and are not in the neck shoulder junction. I have about .030 of more room in the box left. Hope this helps. It's a real nice cartridge.
Shep

My reamer says 6.5gap on it. But I have a freebore reamer also. I think the gap reamer is short so it fits in mag boxes better.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.