6.5 Creedemore

blkdog

Ordered a new Cooper in 6.5 Creedemore and I need some load receipes so I can have some ready when it comes in May/June. Thanks in advance. The new G7 is in the safe awiating it's arrival as well.

I have a Cooper in 6.5 Creedmoor. I have shot 140, 130/129 and 120gr bullets. All have performed very well.

My most accurate load and most consistent velocity load is 130gr Berger, Hunter powder(yea, Ramshot), and LRM primer. I'm actually jumping it rather far as well. Around .040, if I remember correctly.

I've shot 140 Amaxs, they did well. Not quite as good as the Bergers. Also have used 129gr SST. RL-17 gives best velocity for me, use with 129's for hunting. Hunter comes close to RL-17 velocity for me. But better groups. H-4350 shot well, gave up over 100fps from Hunter, and did not match Hunters SD's.

Every load has easily been sub MOA, the Bergers will usually shoot around .300 or less. Unless I drink to much coffee, then a bit more. I am the weakest link by far with this rifle.

Good luck, have fun.

Thank you for the input Skyfish. It will help me get started. I feel like a kid at X-mas waiting for the rifle! Did you use the Berger method to find the best COL or did you just get lucky?

I know it might be a lot to ask but if you guys can please post pics. Thanks!

I will when it gets put together. It will be in May or June, sooner the better.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.