6.5 CM brass from 308 win and 260 rem

camotruck

I started to build, Well, started thinking about a 260 Rem long range build, and as I researched, moved onto a 260 AI and then a 6.5 Creedmoor. But I still have some Lapua 260 Rem brass and some Lapua Palma brass that I was going to reform and use for the build because of the small rifle primer. My question is about reforming these into 6.5 CM brass. Any reason it wont work.

Thanks Camo

Last edited:
Why not just continue with the .260 or .260 AI since you already have the brass... That would make the most sense to me. You will also have more velocity over the 6.5 CM with the AI version, and even a slight increase over the CM with the regular .260 Rem.

Id sell it and get some nosler or norma brass. The Cm can be loaded to match a 260 so there isnt any advantage there. 260 ai would be the only way to get the advantage.

Yea, that's what I think I'm gonna do. 260 rem Improved. Funny how that went full circle in just a day or so. Thanks for the thoughts guys

Camo

Yea, that's what I think I'm gonna do. 260 rem Improved. Funny how that went full circle in just a day or so. Thanks for the thoughts guys

Camo

Been there, done that....Quite a few times. And the more barrels and parts you acquire, and the more calibers you start to build, and the more you want to be "individual" and "different", the more you'll start looking to wildcat calibers. That's what I've started doing. To me, I have a select few "staple calibers" that I feel everyone should have, but the last several rifles I have had built were all in Ackley Improved calibers or wildcats. And I'm sure the rest will be from now-on, as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.