6.5 ackley Wildcat

I'm thinking Superformance is going to be way too fast based on that volume to bore ratio. In fact, I think RL50 is going to be a little fast as well. If I were you, RL50 is where I woud start.

Yeah, it should be interesting to see how these 177's shoot in the new RUM. My old RUM didn't like them.

The only reason I think I can attempt the faster powder is because of the low pressure of the GS bullet. In talking with GS it may be feasible. Remember the GS bullets require a faster powder than conventional bullets in order to get the desired performance. I do think that how ever it goes I need to stay with a ball powder if possible in order to avoid bridging and pressure spikes. I am going to re load develop for my 30-338 and the 177's this weekend with the ball powder idea. I think in the past I have dealt with some random pressure spikes.

Steve

17 is quite a bit faster than the superformance. I will try the superformance in the 30-338 this weekend. If it is too fast for it then I know it will not work for the 6.5 ultra cat

Also going to load some 117g GS hv's in my son's 6.5-06 this weekend. Pretty exited about this bullet as well. We will be on the slow side of twist for this one but I am holding out hope that we can get enough velocity to overcome the slower twist.

Steve

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I will Show what I came up with on another thread after I do some shooting this weekend.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.