6.5 ackley Wildcat

A well set up 6.5x284 will not fit a short action very well, it works very nice on a long action though.

Congratulation though only took three pages before it turned into a 7 STW thread :rolleyes:

Oh, my appologies if I hurt your feelings...Remind me before-hand next time so I won't mention it. Deal?

Now, look back and see who mentioned the letters STW first.... Certainly wasn't me. So, next time you wanna be a *****, do it to the right person...

And for the record, the OP asked me about the 7STW and brass a d other things via PM prior to and after my 2nd post in this thread. So, make sure you know what you're talking about before opening your mouth. ;)

Oh, my appologies if I hurt your feelings...Remind me before-hand next time so I won't mention it. Deal?

That was my bad for typing that out wrong. I was saying its doesn't bother me that the thread went to the STW. I'm totally open to caliber suggestions. So any caliber you think would be better, let er rip. My bad for the miss-type :cool:

~WS

Are there other round that would perform better than the 6.5-284?

~WS

Do you mean accuracy or velocity?

Accuracy is going to depend mostly on the quality of rifle components and and smithing. As I mentioned earlier, the larger magnum calibers are a little more susceptible to barrel harmonics but with good components and smithing they can be made to shoot very well. Your BR competuiton guys are going to usually shoot the smaller 6's and and 6.5's for 1's and 2's groups but they are going to have slower twists.

If I had a 7 twist barrel I would probably chamber it in a 6.5 Dakota. That said, a 6.5 WSM or or 264 WM would work fine but they are going to be a little tough on the barrel. Never the less guys do chamber in those. If you take good care of the barrel it should last over a 1000 rounds.

That was my bad for typing that out wrong. I was saying its doesn't bother me that the thread went to the STW. I'm totally open to caliber suggestions. So any caliber you think would be better, let er rip. My bad for the miss-type :cool:

~WS

It's cool man, I knew what you meant in your post. I was talking to bigngreen, not you. I can't stand random keyboard jockeys getting ****ed off over a caliber suggestion.

But I also hate being blamed for stuff I didn't do...Big pet peeve.

My appologies for flying off the handle in your thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts