6.5/300win mag Data

blygy

OK.. I dropped off the gun @ the smith today.. gonna go with the 6.5/300 winmag instead of the 257 weatherby..

Now .. Reloading data???

Where to find it???

does anyone here shoot onna these???

Any help will be appreciated..

Thanx

Blygy

No specific data on that particular round but R-22 and
VV-165 work great in the 25-300 Win mag I assume that it'll be the same with the 6.5 version.

Have you got all your componets yet? I highly recomend the Lapua brass , it last for even and is supe consistant

Lapua doesn't list the brass on their site.. They do make 300 win brass???

I was hoping to use this brass but it seems it may be hard to get if it is in production..

Any one know of a source willing to ship to Canada???

Thanx

Blygy

I have a 6.5-300(270)WSM.Isuggest 270wsm brass and when you get your rifle built have the chamber reamed so that the necks don't have to be turned.

[ QUOTE ]
I have a 6.5-300(270)WSM.Isuggest 270wsm brass and when you get your rifle built have the chamber reamed so that the necks don't have to be turned.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think you can do with that 6.5WSM that I can't do with my 270WSM? I can shoot a 140 gr bullet faster then you? If were talking the WSM cases. Diameter difference is what.013. Big deal!

Oh 300 Win mag! Dang why not a 264 mag? If you can shoot 3% faster then a 264 win mag I'd be surprised! I bet its real finicky about what load it will like. Buy hey so what that's what our hobbie is all about. Why not neck the STW down to 6.5?Or the 300RUM? Go for it! Keep us posted.

[ QUOTE ]
What do you think you can do with that 6.5WSM that I can't do with my 270WSM? I can shoot a 140 gr bullet faster then you?

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet the 6.5 140 grain bullet has a lot higher b.c. Speed is not the key a good bullet with a high b.c is the key to making hits at 1k plus

d-a

The Lapua brass is much better than the Nosler , its alot tougher , I haven't comapiered head to head with the same cases but its more than likley more consistant also.

I have found with my 300 win mag buy the time I buy 300 cases to get 100 culled that are the same consistancy as the lapua I'm almost their price wise and then figure that the Lapua last twice as long you start to see the inital investment not hurting so bad. The are diffinatly worth the extra cost.

The Nosler brass is very consistent + or - .5gr and all of the prep work has been done for you. Just load it up and away you go. The lapua is also very consistant but I still weigh it and end up culling a few. Also have to trim and chamfer all the necks. I have only shot the nosler brass 4
times so I can't say how long it will last compared to the Lapua.

Blygy, fire me an e-mail at [email protected] and I will let you know where to get some cheap.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts