6.5/300 rum & wc 860

jtoews110

Just starting off with a new rifle, have yet to shoot it. I wanted a rifle to shoot LR yotes, so its a 1-12 twist 6.5 RUM. Will be starting with WC 860 and have a bit of 868 too, anybody have a starting point?? I can get US 869 here too, but that is about it for ball powders.

JT.

I didn't figure it would stabilize a 140, but I did the gun juice treatment with a 140 smk and it started grouping them when I hit 3165-3170fps. I was quite pleasantly shocked. I started with 85 grns and got 2900fps intially, worked up from there. Its a really slow twist 1-12, hence why I was surprised. I had figured twist by rpm intially and thought I'd really messed up. I haven't taken it past 100 yds and only fired 15 rnds so far, so we shall see. It hit 3316 last load on a single load, just to see if it would hit pressure and then I ran outta time and won't have any time to play for a couple weeks.

JT

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.