6.5/.284 o.a.l.

Wildcat ,yes its new brass and i have found the same results as you, i don't expect it to shoot until about the third round. I tried moving the bullet into the lands and it opened the group up a little so i went back to .007 out. I went to the bench today with the load that it has shot best so far and shot 5 shots. the first shot hit 1 in. above, second shot same hole, third shot same hole, fourth shot same hole, and when i say the same hole I mean the same exact hole, at this point i am convinced something has happened and I am missing the whole target, so I lower the next shot 1 in. below the dot and shoot and hit the dot,now I'm shaken that it's shooting this good and go for the 5th shot which I pull out by 3/8". The first 4 shots measured outside to outside.271 for an .007. Stupid me!!! I went back to the house which over looks our farm and 300 yd. target and ranged it at 560 yds. with my new swarovski rangefinder and shot my first ever long range group which measured 3.44 for 5 shots.I know this is nothing spectacular for some but for me with a 12 lb. winchester I'm pretty pleased.any advice on the verical strings? thanks timbo

Timbo, if your shots are stringing verticle, that is usually caused by velocity changes. I would make sure your primer pockets are uniformed correctly. You can buy a primer pocket uniformer through Sinclare International. I uniform all my primer pockets before I reload. By doing this it will make sure your primers are at the correct depth
in the pocket, if they are not, you will get inconsistent ignitions which causes vertical grouping. Try it out and see what happens. Good luck Timbo, let me know how things pan out.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.