6.5-284 loads using IMR 4350

jamesag2

I just got my dream rifle, a Rem 700 action with a 26 inch Lilja barrel, a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20 and an HS Precision stock. I have only ran a few loads through my gun and I havent been able to get my groups under .55. I was wondering if I could get some loads for IMR 4350, Norma brass, Fed 210m, and Berger VLDs. Any tips on case preparation would be appreciated.

I use the 140 and 142 smk out of mine riding on top of 47 grains I beieve of h4831sc. I used the bergers but my gun didn't like them as much as the matchking. I have also tried the amax but they to didn't compare with the smk.

half minute isn't bad,6.5-284 bullets sometimes aren't all that stable until they reach 300 yds.It may shoot half min or less at longer range.When we build long range rifles it doesn't make sense to wear out the barrel at 100 yds.

Thanks for the help. I had heard that bullets sometimes dont stabilize till 200 yds or so but I must have forgotten that fact.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.