6-284 oal questions

1doug

Does any one have an oal measurement for a 6-284 with 107 smk's? I am wondering if it will fit in a short action mag well with out any mods.

thanks d-a

d-a,
I have three 6x284's.
Two of them have 1:8 Hart Barrels & one has a factory 1:9.125 sporter barrel.
I tried the 107 Sierra HPBT Match Kings but didn't have very good luck. I now shoot the 105 Hornadys A-Max.
The OAL with the A-Max is 2.884 - touching the lands and this is after a re-chambering job.
Dave at PTG is sharpening my reamer and making it into a tight neck and I should have it back by next week.
I will be installing a Krieger 1:8 when the reamer returns.
If no one posts the OAL for the 107 I will seat one in an empty case for you and let you know the results.
Good luck with the 6x284 - I think it is an excellent varmint round even though it is SLIGHTLY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif overbore.
I would give you some of my load data but everything I shoot is moly coated.

Larry

Gator

Thanks for the reply

I have a krieger 1-8 twist barrel being delivered tommorow. it will be my first 6-284. How much freebore does your reamer have? Mine was made for the 107's, with the 115 dtac's seated deeper.

d-a

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.