6-24x50 AO Varmint Scope by Barska ???

WVRifleman

OK, Here's a new one me and it's a dandy.....

Was out sightin acouple new scopes I've had for a while but just wasn't able to get out to zero them...One is a Bushnell Banner 4x12x40 that I have on my .270 Remington BDL....THREE SHOTS...That's all it took to take out a pop can 300 yards after the original bore sight..with the laser.....

The other, I got a great deal on the this Barska 6x24x50 that have it on a Savage .223....Started at 50 yards Bore sighted it, two rounds bulleyes, 100 yards, all over the place.....Did everything tryin get this gun to hold a pattern long make a story short and 20 rounds I called Barska...The lady said that for the "Tactical Scopes, you must site them in at the 10 power at 100 yards".....OK, Went back to the field did exactly that, I was using 12 power when I was doin it before BTW, and it hit bullseye 3 straightshot after a small adjustment and was hittin targets the size of a silver dollar out to 300 yards...And everything else in between.

Now, can someone explain to me what the difference those scopes are to make them to be zeroed in so differently? I have never seen alike....I am happy with the results but I would have never figured it out on my own like that.....

That is crazy how that worked and is all of them that way?....lol

never heard of such a thing. try this, shoot at your 300 yards on max power then 10x and see if there the same.

can you tell me how much internal adjustments you have on elavation? my cousin is looking for a cheap scope to shoot on his new gun and cant afford the scope he wants for awhile.

thanks

The other, I got a great deal on the this Barska 6x24x50 that have it on a Savage .223....Started at 50 yards Bore sighted it, two rounds bulleyes, 100 yards, all over the place.....Did everything tryin get this gun to hold a pattern long make a story short and 20 rounds I called Barska...The lady said that for the "Tactical Scopes, you must site them in at the 10 power at 100 yards".....OK, Went back to the field did exactly that, I was using 12 power when I was doin it before BTW, and it hit bullseye 3 straightshot after a small adjustment and was hittin targets the size of a silver dollar out to 300 yards...And everything else in between.

Like someone else said, "run fast and run far". It should not matter in the least amount what power your scope is on during the zeroing process... You are not calculating hold-over with reticle subtentions (reticle spacing) at that point..., yet. If your rifle groups differently with your scope at different powers, or even if the point of impact shifts, get rid of it! Sorry to be harsh lol, but it's the truth.

In optics, you usually get what you pay for (some few exceptions), but I've never been impressed with Barska in the least... Yes, I have seen a few that will do what is needed, but it's a bare-bones scope. Nothing in it to exceed the price bar at all (I can't knock the price though). Just not what the doctor ordered for me though lol... :rolleyes:

Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.