550 Yard Javelina Kill

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 7mmRemMag, Nov 27, 2011.

1. 7mmRemMag

7mmRemMag Well-Known Member

I shot this Javelina yesterday morning @ 550 yards with my 270wsm. I shot him with 140 gr nosler accubond. Here's a video for yall to enjoy....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrnXeXoPv2s]550 Yard Javelina .mov - YouTube[/ame]

2. 7mmRemMag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Great shot. That's a big Javelina what did he weigh 70-80lbs?

Not a very big target at that range though!

4. 7mmRemMag

Thanks. Yeah he was one of the biggest I've ever seen. The biggest I've ever killed for sure. I don't have a scale so I didnt get to weigh him.

5. WildRose

I've seen a hell of a lot of Javelina, and that's certainly one of the three largest. Again, congrats!

6. 7mmRemMag

Thanks! Yeah I'm glad we got it on video. Not my longest kill but one of the best because like you said it's a smaller target especially at that range. I was originally going for a coyote at 600 but he left before I could dial my scope in, then this guy walks out 1 minute later. Lol

7. WildRose

Ha! I had one of those days myself today. Went and set up for a long range shot on a deer who never showed up and instead killed a whopper of a bobcat .. . Gotta love Texas!gun)

8. 7mmRemMag

That's too awesome! I saw one about 600yards on our set up but he didn't stick around long enough. Texas is pretty awesome that's why I live here hahaha. You never know what's going to surprise you. Glad you got him, bobcats are always a great trophy!