55"-60" Rifle Case?

Haagen Dazs

Hey guys and gals,

I'm not one to open a new thread without searching but between snipershide, canadiangunnutz, google, and here I cannot find an answer to a question I thought should have been answered a few times.

With all these 30" barrel rifles with fixed stocks such as the AICS 1.5 I'm wondering where a fellow can find a rifle case long enough to house the 50"+ rifle? The closest thing I can find is the Pelecan 1770 which is 50" and way too thick. Cabelas has some interesting options but again, 50" max....

Anyone with a solution?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Wow that helps alot, I like the SKB but it's pretty overkill. Not sure how the Cabela's one slipped by me.

I've got the SKB one in the next shorter size, and I've previously compared the two unit as well as others.

Highly recomended, and per a Google search only $50 more delivered than the Cabelas unit sale price, $30 more than the regular Cabelas price (which doesn't include shipping). Cheap insurance if you ask me.

I have a 60" double gun drag bag. But when I travel with my loooong rifles, it is by vehicle, not plane. So I pack it, not throwing it around like a SW airlines baggage handler.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.