534yd rock chuck vid (added another vid)

lovdasnow

hey guys, I'm finally figuring out this long range stuff. this guy finally came out after a long wait, i ranged and dialed, and smoked him on the first shot of the morning. video isn't great, but it's hard to see that far away.

YouTube - 534yds

YouTube - Rock Chucks Again

got some very very close misses at 850-1000, but just couldn't quite close the deal. need to work on my drops a little more, and then i'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Re: 534yd rock chuck vid

Thanks, I realize it's not very far compared to what a lot of guys do on here, but it's my first attempt at long range.

I just got my 300 RUM back from the smith, and this was it's maiden voyage, so far so good.
I just can't believe what the 185gr bergers do to those things. I thought they would zip right through, but I was way off.

i did shoot a coyote at 350yds the next morning, and blew about a 2" hole out the other side of him, so they were not nearly as explosive on a little bit bigger animal.

does anyone know what kind of cameras people use to film shooting videos? something that has a little better range/ picture quality at longer ranges?

does anyone know what kind of cameras people use to film shooting videos? something that has a little better range/ picture quality at longer ranges?

I use a cheap 4x spotting scope at the end of my 6x $180 camera. Maybe if you tried that you would have a better picture. But I think yours looks pretty good for being over 500 yards.

excellent shot! I think it is pretty cool to see the path of the bullet as it impacts.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.