52.5" wy bull

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by Longrange7RUM, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Longrange7RUM

Longrange7RUM Active Member

My dad has passed up over 50 bulls this year a few of the same caliber earlier on in the season Not as wide as this bull but would have scored in the same range.He had a 375-380 bull he was really wanting but after the storm we couldnt find him and rumor has it he was killed. My fiancé shot her buck on Saturday and we had a late night packing him out and didn't get back to town until around midnight So understandably we didnt get up and out of the house tell around 5 and with over an hour drive to the area we just planned on spotting them headed to bed. shortly after daylight I found a couple herds of elk headed out of the low lands headed for tree cover so we made a stalk and dad passed the 2 bulls in the heard they were between 310-330". Around Mid Day I spotted this bull way down low with about 40 cows bedded in a draw we were able to park 2.5 miles from him and move In. Our target ridge I wanted to get to was about 1000 yards from the elk so we could finalize our plan of the stock after getting to it and coming up with a plan we headed for another ridge as we came over the elk were @ 250 yards so dad eased up to the top and waited for the bull to present a good shot when he did he recieved a 180 gr berger to the shoulder! Where we finally killed this bull he was closer to bring him out the bottom so a phone call to my best buddy got us a ride out and a 2.5 mile pack back up cut down to 1.75 miles down and a ride around to our truck that was a 30 min drive..
    **dad is above me and closer as you can kind of tell in the video but the way the camera angle looks is not the same view as my dad had, he had a good back drop for the shot and could actually see him before the camera could

[ame=http://vimeo.com/76557964]360" Wyoming Bull on Vimeo[/ame]

Attached Files:

2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

GREAT BULL!!! Congrats to you all. I really enjoyed the story and video. That 180 Smoked him!!

Jeff

3. Derek M.

Derek M. Well-Known Member

Wow, 2 great threads I read tonight. Nice going! By the way, ASAT camo is the best camo ever invented hands down.

4. Toptuna

Toptuna Well-Known Member

No way dude. Flannel Al Borland style.

5. Korhil78

Korhil78 Well-Known Member

Congrats....your next to last picture is pretty cool.

6. huntinfool18

huntinfool18 Well-Known Member

Good job D. Next year that tag is mine and it's on ;)

7. Longrange7RUM

Longrange7RUM Active Member

Thanks everyone, Hope you and I both draw it Im over do 2005 was my last bull tag and 2008 was my last decent deer tag..

8. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy Well-Known Member

Great story, video and a beautiful bull! Congrats to your father!

9. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

Don't really care what bullet you used ,,that's a beautiful bull and a great story.

10. Toptuna

Why?

11. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

That is a once in a lifetime bull in a lot of cases ..Most hunters never get to see such a animal....He could have killed it with a slingshot or spear and the story would have been even better...Your ( why ) comment Iam guessing was in reference to the Berger bullet but that is not at all what I meant....Sorry....
    Again great story and even greater ELK.

12. angus-5024

angus-5024 Well-Known Member

What an awesome bull! Great video too, the video is almost as much of a trophy as the bull, it can be tough to get good footage.

13. Toptuna

cool. Go kill one with a slingshot and tell your story.:rolleyes:

14. T3-OleMan

T3-OleMan Well-Known Member

SWEET!!!!!

Got to love it when DADS get to score!!gun)

Great story.