500yd & 800yd pics

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Quarterbore, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Quarterbore

Quarterbore Well-Known Member

First pic of me, my Savage and steel target. Bottom Group was best load I shot; 7 shots excluding the real low one measured about 2.5". The other pic was from 800 yds., or 786yds. to be exact. 2 in the red 3 real close together. I'm very happy with this Rifle(savage 10fple2a), Scope,(Bushnell Elite)and loads. (45gr.Varget & 168gr. Amax's)
    [​IMG]

What do you guy's REALLY think.

[​IMG]

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: 308WIN ]

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: 308WIN ]

2. Jake in NC

Jake in NC Well-Known Member

Hey 308Win.. You'll havta link to a pic posted on the web.. The one you had was on your local machine.. [​IMG] [​IMG] JiNC

[ 03-06-2004: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]

3. Quarterbore

Oh and the Coke bottles are fun too! [​IMG]

4. Boyd Heaton

Boyd Heaton Well-Known Member

What did that 786 yard group measure?????...I think its some damn nice shooting [​IMG]

5. Quarterbore

(786) I'm not real sure. Those three were within 3" but the other two were 4-5 inches apart.
    Not a very good shooting sample of what I think the Gun can really do. I was shooting from a bipod resting over the hood of my truck... so not the best shooting rest. But none the less impressive.

6. jbubb

jbubb Well-Known Member

Hear that Boyd a SAVAGE, we are coming to get you. Your boggerslinger is going down. [​IMG]

7. Boyd Heaton

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Hear that Boyd a SAVAGE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yeah,I hear.The BOOGIESLINGER and I are just a quaking in our Rocky's [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. jbubb

jbubb Well-Known Member

"Rockys" I had a pair of those in highschool. My new savage and my Cabels guide boots are going to be the ones haveing lunch if you now what I mean! [​IMG] Just wating for the weather to hold steady and not so darn windy and I'm goning to she what this beast can do. Hopfully after shooting her I can come up with a good name. Boogieslinger eater is just too easy. I need something with a edge to it, like 300 tomahawk eater! [​IMG]

9. Boyd Heaton

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Boogieslinger eater is just too easy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>To be honest,don't worry about the BOOGIESLINGER.It's KILLER you should be worried about. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Guest

[ 03-15-2004: Message edited by: 338-378 ]