500 yard muzzle loader accuracy from the Gunwerks boys

They use a lighter load and bullet than the Savage 10ML-ll uses. It is more in the scope than the gun. We have talked it over on Doug's Message Boards where we talk about our guns and loads. Some shoot 40 cal and 45 cal Savage guns and have shot some out to long ranges with them. One guy can shoot a dime at 100yds with his 40 cal Savage.gun)

not that great of a rifle! look at one of richards customs, swinglock, or bad bull. The trick is to have a swaged bullet to fit the barrel. i own one of richards guns and shot a deer at 545yard this past year. they are awesome! i was not impressed with the gunwerks rifle. the sabot is the weak link!

Well a member on Dougs message Board got a 5.2" group with a Savge 10ML-ll with a Pacnor 50 cal barrel with a 6.5-20x50 Leupold scope sighted 1" high at 100yds. With 70grs of H4198 and a 300gr Barnes bullet. It took 23 minutes of elevation to get a 3 shot group 5.2" at 500yds. With a rebarreled Savage 10ML-ll and a good scope. Price below $2000 so you can do it cheaper than $7000. And you can not use that load in the $7000 gun. I might have to rebarrel my 10ML-ll.

My Richard Franklin built ML will do 3 inch groups at 525 under ideal condtions with the 325 gr parkers

my franklin gun cost me $1800.00 its on a 700 action, kreiger with a HS stock and a jewel. I can shoot a six inch plate all day long at 612 yards with a 325 parker and have it on video to prove it. i have shot .25 inch groups at 100 yards. Franklin retired last year, but i know a smith in that same area that is producing the same rifle and ones built on TC encore actions. PM me if interested. If you build one order your barrel 2 inches longer and have your smith cut off the extra. save the piece and send it to swing lok rifles in Erie Pa. He will build you a custom swager that swages the bullet with the lands and groves already cut its an exact match and its awesome!!!!! I also shoot 4198 at about 2700

I also have a t/c from the guy in that same area and a swing lock die , for the money , accuracy , and easy of reloading there is no better set up on the face of earth to hunt with than Justin's ML guns. I will more than likely be selling my franklin built because I dont need two ML with the same capability.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.