50 BMG Long Range Taliban Sniping Vid on the Net........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mindcrime, Nov 28, 2005.

1. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

Check it out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Watch for flying body parts!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thats a better video than the varmint one! Noone should underestimate the power of the big-fifty!

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

This is the varmint shooting (sniping) video being circulated as Taliban sniping. These are rockchucks or some such little critter... the first one clearly has a tail.

4. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Thanks Dave.

I was trying to figure out how to say that it just doesn't happen that way.

5. sewwhat89

sewwhat89 Well-Known Member

It looked a little too Hollywood, but its still entertaining no matter what kind of varmints they are shooting.

6. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

bb

...unless of course this is the new experimental 50 cal nuclear warhead round /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

I'm rolling in the floor. Somebody call an ambulance because I 'm surely going to laugh myself to death here.

8. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    This is the varmint shooting (sniping) video being circulated as Taliban sniping. These are rockchucks or some such little critter... the first one clearly has a tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last shot is clearly a Taliban fighter, you can see his white turban---that one was a head shot. Now one of the first ones looks more like a mountain goat (third shot). In either fact, it is obvious that the 50 BMG can cause some good carnage with over 10,000 ft-lbs. of muzzle energy, even at long range. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

9. goodgrouper

goodgrouper Well-Known Member

Rock chuck hunting is my life and passion for about 5 months of the year and I kill anywhere between 100 and 200 per season at all different ranges and with all different rifles and bullets and I can assure you that not one human was harmed in the making of this video! Somehow the rumor got started (probably by an inside joke) that these were Taliban rebels when in fact they are rockchucks of the Yellow belly variety. The one that is wearing the turbin on his head is actually the typical white marking often called a "face mask" on the adult Marmota flavaventris.

You can also tell by the physics involved that the chunks flying through the air have the mass of a few ounces instead of several pounds like it would be with human body parts.

10. fishingdude7

fishingdude7 Active Member

Chk out this site I was looking at, http://www.rmvh.com/Scenes.htm

I think one of the scenes is exactly the same in the video where they hunt rock chucks. Very VERy entertaining none the less.

11. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

More than one of those scenes is in the dreaded "Taliban Sniper" video... I saw no less than three scenes common between the two.

It's a varmint video.... nothing more and nothing less.

Next we'll be reviewing the 12' brown bear that ate the hiker before it was killed and confiscated...

12. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

What BB said!!

I am laughing so hard it hurts!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

DK,

I hear ya on that dang 12' brown bear! That bear has more folk-lore around here (Alaska) than Paul Bunyan!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14. Brown Dog

Brown Dog Writers Guild

Hope you boys are familiar with Beatrix Potter....or this won't seem funny at all! ....

I have it on good authority that this is from the same Int/Intel source as the 'taliban' clip:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]