4R Rifle Club Long Range Shooting Event

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
This is a one day event w/one class. It will be held on May 5th @ 8:00 am approx 5 miles north of Alex, OK. If rained out it will be held on Sunday May 6th or the 12th if that is rained out.

Rifles must be 30 cal or less. Weigh less than 25# and be manually fired. No rail guns. No limit on optics. It is $45 to enter and you can enter the event no more than twice. I think he is going to limit it to 60 entries so you might want to hurry and get in.

Ranges are 100, 250, 400 and 500 yds. There will be 3 highly reactive targets (3"-4" ballons)@ each distance. 100 yd targets are worth 20 pts each, 250 yd worth 30 pts each, 400 yd worth 40 pts each and 500 yd worth 60 pts each. Each shooter will have 14 rounds and a 10 min time limit.

The top six shooters will return to the bench w/the slate wiped clean and shoot the same course of fire. In the event of a tie, the shooters tied will go to the bench w/all targets reset and will have 6 rounds and 4 min to score the most points they can.

The contact for this event is Rick Reeves. He can be reached @ 405-224-3426. If no one answers leave a message and he will return your call.

The top 3 prizes will be a Nightforce NXS 8-32x56mm NP-R1(the whole scope, not just a 1/2 off certificate), the new Savage 12 F Class rifle chambered in 6.5-284 Norma and a suppressor. All over or very close to $1000 prizes!!! There will also be some smaller prizes donated from some notable manufacturers in our industry. Rick will also serve everyone some good ol' Okie BBQ!!!

This thing is alot of fun. I've been on board from it's infancy when I won about $60 and a gun worth about $125 for 2nd place. A far cry from the prize table for this shoot. Rick has worked real hard and has rounded up some VERY NICE prizes!!

Here are some pics from the last shoot. This is a first class range w/6 covered, concrete benches. If you have the means or are close come out shoot or just come out and enjoy some good company!!!

AlexShootFall2006012.jpg

This is the prize table last fall.

AlexShootFall2006007.jpg

This is a photo downrange.

4RRifleClubPics097.jpg

This is a good pic of the target format.

4RRifleClubPics112.jpg

This is Rick Reeves, the man you need to call!!!

4RRifleClubPics141.jpg

These are the winners from last fall. You may recognize Preston Pritchet of Surgeon Actions. He is also a regular @ this event.

Daaang !!!

where , when ???
I see Preston Pritchett , he is is the fella in the white tee with a 4th place wood next to , that is , just to the right of a hand some fella that has a 3rd place trophy , dont know who he is but he better give me a bigger discount on the next stuff I buy from him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Also , I expect Preston is laying to kick your but ...............whoever you are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Where , when and how to get there?

Jim B.

p.s. dont invite Abinok , he shoots too good .

Go about 5 miles north out of Alex on 19C. Turn east, or right for the directionally impaired. Go 3 miles east and then turn back north. His drive is about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile from that intersection. Don't worry, there will be Jimm proof signs that guide you there!!!

I've got some fliers @ work that I'll mail to you on Monday (if I remember /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif). Call Rick and visit w/him. He's a heckuva nice and will answer any ?s you have.

That is a fine looking young man holding the third place plaque isn't it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif!!!! As long as you can get past the coat I had to borrow from Dean, the guy holding the second place plaque!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Bill,
Send me a flier please.
Do you still have my address?
Are XP's welcome?

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably still have it somewhere but it would save me alot of lookin' if you'd just email it to the address in my profile. As far as the XP's go, I don't see why not. They seem to fit all the criteria for the rules.

Unless of course, you win and then they will be illegal this fall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif!!

Bill ,

What was your time last year ? That pic of the ballons at 100 yds . looks like they are bigger than 3 to 4 inch ?

What direction is the range facing ? Can the brass hit the ground ?

I'm just getting started /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif More questions as they occur to my age challenged brain /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks Bill ,

Jim B.

[ QUOTE ]
What was your time last year

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not timed. Just matters how many points you score.

[ QUOTE ]
That pic of the ballons at 100 yds . looks like they are bigger than 3 to 4 inch ?

[/ QUOTE ]

They might look like it but they aren't. If you want to think they are go ahead /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Heck, you won't even need to practice if they are that big.

[ QUOTE ]
What direction is the range facing ? Can the brass hit the ground ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The range faces west. That and the fact that it is not a 1000 yd range are it's only two downfalls.

Yes the brass can hit the ground but there is no need for it to. I always have plenty of time and just load singly. Some guys run it like a timed event and will be done w/more than half of the time remaining. I just kinda take my time and relax /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Bill ,

Just got off the phone with Rick Reeves . Heck of a friendly fellow .

OK then , if time is not the determining factor there is only one thing left ...........

My enemy , the WIND !! How do it blow there ?

I know it blows , after all it is Oklahoma yes ? What was your wind moa running last year ?

Jim B.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.