454 Casull data

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by trappst, Aug 4, 2007.

1. trappst

trappst Member

I'm kinda new so forgive me if asking about a wheel gun is a no-no!

I've been trying to find some good data for loading a 265g WFNGC Cast performance bullet with H110 in my Ruger SRH 454 Casull.

This will be my first go around with cast bullets and I don't want to mess things up! The biggest issue I have at this point is the data that I've found. Starting load varies from around 30-34g with a max somewhere around 36-37g with this bullet weight.

Just fyi, I've already been loading Hornady 240/300g jacketed bullets with success. I'm just looking for a accurate load to use on whitetails this coming winter.

TIA

2. LRHWAL

LRHWAL Well-Known Member

Try hodgdon.com . Probably not exactly what you need, but will get you started.

3. GREYGHOSTt

GREYGHOSTt <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

H-110 does not down load well try a diffrent powder for your cast bullets.

4. trappst

trappst Member

Thanks fellas.....I received a reply from Cast Performance today. Starting load of 34.0g with max of 36.2g. Max load should push things to slightly over 1900+fps.

I've got test loads ready to go....now if this heat and humidity would let up, I might get some trigger time in!

Thanks again

5. pricedo

pricedo Active Member

And neither does WW296 for that matter.

The gurus say to reduce these powder a maximum of 3% and work up from there.

H-110 & WW296 are a lot alike.

Some like me use magnum primers with the above 2 powders........there are varying opinions in this regard.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011