$45 Bucks 1lb of H4350

Iron Worker

No way ! Loading 6mm Creedmoor for MT Prairie Dogs . Today I was burning IMR4451 and Aliant 4000MR . Any experience with the 4000 out there ? It produced higher velocity that the IMR 4451 pushing a 95GR Sierra TMK . About 1/2 MOA IMR a little bigger.

The scuttlebutt is that it's shipping out, in large quantities, to distributors now. Just what I heard????????

Hornady bought it for there ELD ammo.
I have been spoiled I can get it here in Pittsburgh at my gunsmiths shop .

$25.40/lb here, but in and out of stock. $45/lb I could make some money! Well maybe not, the guy that bought 60 bricks of 215M primers couldn't find buyers at $300/brick and took them to California to wind up making $5-$10 a brick. Hope the rumors H4350 shipped in large quantities is true.

I was told this weekend that Hornady has stopped using H4350 so it should be more readily available soon. I am using IMR 4350 in my 6.5x47 with good results.

FWIW

The scuttlebutt is that it's shipping out, in large quantities, to distributors now. Just what I heard????????

+1
Read the same head line over at 6mm BR/WS

Never shot any, but is it REALLY that much better/temp stable than IMR-4350?

I can't tell you if it is more temp stable than IMR 4350, but when I had some for my 6.5x47 I was getting faster MV than I am getting with IMR 4350. At least I have good accuracy with IMR 4350. I will know more about temp stability of IMR 4350 as summer progresses. I am in south AL and will be shooting in near 100° F weather before the summer is over. The upside is that I don't think I can get enough IMR 4350 in the case to be dangerous. Will just have to watch for pressure signs and chronograph some rounds on a regular basis as the temp increases.

But, if what I was told last weekend is true then some H4350 may be on my horizon.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts