416 rem ultramag wildcat

tooth doc

ordered up a custom carbide reamer for a 416 rum wildcat, to rechamber my mod 84 blaser, 416 rem. some said it couldnt be done be done, but benchmark stepped up an all went well. now i need to get custom dies made with my reamer. in the meantime i wondered if anyone has experience with loading this round. because of the blaser mag i wont be able to load longer than factory 375 or 300 rum. loads, powders. bullets all open to suggestion thanks brothers!

ordered up a custom carbide reamer for a 416 rum wildcat, to rechamber my mod 84 blaser, 416 rem. some said it couldnt be done be done, but benchmark stepped up an all went well. now i need to get custom dies made with my reamer. in the meantime i wondered if anyone has experience with loading this round. because of the blaser mag i wont be able to load longer than factory 375 or 300 rum. loads, powders. bullets all open to suggestion thanks brothers!
IIRC, @Swamplord built a 416 Warlord and 416 Colossus that might be close to what you are trying to develop. I am pretty sure he can give you excellent advice/recommendations.

If you type in 416 Buff in the search their will be plenty of info from J E Custom. On a 416 Rum that he built. Unfortunately he is no longer with us so he won't be able to give you any input but he was extremely knowledgeable and informative and explained it well. Hope that helps.
searched in LRH, no results?

I'm pretty sure some guys over at accuratereloading.com made a few of these wildcats, called the 416AR, 458AR, etc... I could be wrong about this but I think there were a few. You might check over there.

So far I've only loaded 400 grain A-Frames and also 400 grain Hammers out of my 416-375 RUM. Just like the 416 Buff it is just a necked up 375 RUM case to accept 416 cal bullets. It started out as a 27" barrel but I cut it and recontoured it to save weight to 23". My loads only lost 50fps from chopping 4" off so it's a fairly efficient case. I'll have to dig out my old data but I used H414/W760 and R17 to start and concluded that R17 produced the best velocity and accuracy for me. All loads I tested are below the 3.650" max length my Montana 1999 allows.