408 cheytac

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Nicholas, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

To those of you who are interested, TTI Armory is making their own 408 ammo, the bullets are solid copper and have some awesome BC's

Here are some pictures.
    From right to left
    419 Gain projectile BC = 0.93
    400 Grain Projectile BC = 0.89
    300 grain SMK (for size comparisons)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    from left to right 308 win, 338, Lapua, 408 cheytac(400 Grain), 408 cheytac(419 grain).

The 408 is a impressively large cartridge. As you can see it even dwarfs the mighty 338 Lapua Mag. These new rounds are currently being tested by the military and the feedback TTI is getting is that these are the best 408 rounds available and solve the accuracy problems and copper fouling problems that existed with the other available projectiles. They are running the 419 grain bullets at 2800 fps and the 400's are in the high 2800's, Ryan at TTI said that you can push them faster without a problem.

I have not shot these yet, but I will soon be receiving my PGW Twolf 408 cheytac and when it gets here I will get a chance to try them.

I have these bullets readily available if anyone would like to order any.

2. overbore

overbore Well-Known Member

When you get the loading and accuracy sorted out , please advise me "gca747@bellsouth.net" with thanks.

3. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

Very cool. Where can I get a gun chambered for this round? Don't need world record setting BR, just an accurate (sub MOA) long range hunting gun.

4. Gerard Schultz

Gerard Schultz Official LRH Sponsor

Those TTI bullets look like brass not copper?

5. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Nice to hear there is another .408 bullet in production, too bad they "all" seem to be solid brass. It would be nice to see a "custom" jacketed bullet, and a copper HP, eh?

Gerard,

I need some more .416 330gr HV's.

6. DANTEC

DANTEC Well-Known Member

Gerard

nice to meet you on the board , you are welcome

good shooting

DAN TEC

7. Gerard Schultz

Gerard Schultz Official LRH Sponsor

Hi Brent,
    What have you shot with them (416330HV)? I would love to see some pictures of NA game taken with them.

Hi DanTec,
    I have good news and will send mail early tomorrow. (Mail goes from the Notebook not the PC as you know.)

Regards

8. Nicholas

Nicholas Well-Known Member

b1g_b0re
    you can get 408's at http://www.pgwdti.com check out the Timberwolf or you can buy a windrunner in 408 cheytac

Girard
    You are correct they are solid bronze bullets not copper, sorry for the typo.

[ 11-29-2004: Message edited by: sr90 ]