408 Chey Tac Brass

wildcat

Hey guys, where can I buy 408 brass, and who makes the best quality. I am having a 338 Allen Mag built, and I am wanting to start buying the brass ahead of time.

Wildcat

Ditto!!

The Jamison cases seem to be harder and may last longer so some degree but they are much trickier to form with a higher case loss percentage from what I have seen.

The TTI cases have such a nice anneal on the necks and shoulders that I have not even been annealing them after forming although I recommend it!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

Lerch, I am looking forward to hearing how your 338 Allen Mag shoots. Can you give me the specs on your rig. When is your rig supposed to be completed.

Wildcat

Specs are as follows:

Lilja 1.75" straight tube
APS custom brake
BAT 2x10" action around 6lbs
McMillan 50HBR stock wieghted around 25lbs
Jewell trigger around 2oz
BAT 20 or 40moa base (cant remember)
Ivey adjustable rings up to 150moa cant
TTI 408 brass
Hornady custom dies
fed 215m primer
300gr SMK or Wildcat 350gr ULD
probably H50BMG powder for temp sensitivity
and God willing a dead chuck at 2 miles for a new world record!!!!

Heaven only knows when it will be done, not due in any way to Kirby but instead due to BAT getting out bolt done!!!!!

Cant wait to get this bad boy in my hands!!! I am planning on shooting a doe with it this fall just to see what happens. Maybe if i shot her long ways the bullet will field dress and quarter her for me!!!

Take it easy
steve

Sounds awesome, I can't wait to here how she shoots. What color stock did you go with. What is the length of your barrel. What kind of bullets, powder, and primers are you planning on using. My wifes aunt lives near Stillwater Oklahoma, I am planning on coming out there. I would like to get togather you guys and shoot some PDOGS. I am using a Lawton Action on my 338, I hope they don't take as long as BAT. I hope you get her soon.

Wildcat

I am glad i am not the only one waiting on bat for a 2x10 inch sewer pipe.

d-a

Of the list of componants Lerch listed, everything is sitting here smiling at me every day I do into the shop except that **** bolt!!!

Frustrating but what can you do!!

I assure you when the bolt gets here I will get her put together and freighted down your way, yes freighted!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Got to figure out a shipping crate first though!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

D-A,

THere are alot of us waiting on Receivers from BAT. Shawn and I included for our personal 338 AMs.

From now on I will be using the Lawton receivers. Can not explain how impressed I have been with Barney and his service. If the quality of his products are anything like his customer service, I will never use another receiver unless a customer makes me.

Kirby Allen(50)

No prob Kirby, she will get here some day.

I still have to figure out some kind of hard case for her. I told BJ we should build a hard case that looks like a coffin but that would probably cost too **** much

steve

[ QUOTE ]
..I still have to figure out some kind of hard case for her. I told BJ we should build a hard case that looks like a coffin but that would probably cost too **** much

steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I got one of these for my 50 BMGs (I also have a Pelican).
GDS9290CW.jpg

-
Very reasonable price and it's a great case.
SKB gun case

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.