400 yrd target

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by lerch, May 17, 2005.

1. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

This was a group I shot at 400 yds this sunday (5-15-05). It was from a completely stock savage 12fvss 22-250 varmint rifle with handloaded ammo. I know many of you all shoot a lot better than this but I was still pretty proud of it. I got a rifle coming from Kirby Allen soon and I am hoping to have it shoot one hole groups at this far.
    Thanks
    Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[​IMG]

2. POP

POP Well-Known Member

Savage's may be ugly (according to some) but they shoooooooot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. DaddyRabbit

DaddyRabbit Well-Known Member

Don't be suprised if you don't catch your Kirby Allen unit taking notes from that Savage. Very nice group.

4. Larry Morris

Larry Morris Active Member

Lerch,
    Don't bring this thing down to that shoot at Alex this weekend or you're going to make some enemies shooting groups like that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Just kidding.
    Bring it down -- If I get to make the shoot I would like to take some pictures of some cry babies when that Savage brings tears to their eyes.
    I'm a Remington 700 fan but Savage is the best bang for the buck.

Larry

5. sniper2

sniper2 Well-Known Member

First good group! If you shoot one holers at 4ooyds there will be more involved than the rifle.

6. abinok

abinok Writers Guild

[ QUOTE ]
    I would like to take some pictures of some cry babies when that Savage brings tears to their eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My thoughts exactly...
    I wish I could bring mine down, but im gonna be laying shingles this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
    popping balloons... driving nails... dang brother in law...

7. lerch

lerch <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

It will be done at alex, the problem is that if the wind is blowing more than 5-10 mph it will be shooting groups that tight five feet left or right of the ballons. I am trying like hell to get my new 300 rum to shot good for the contest but it just ain't doing it so far.
    Thanks for all the compliments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. Fiftydriver

Fiftydriver <strong>Official LRH Sponsor</strong>

Lerch,

Your "wind beater" is coming, won't be ready for a bit but when you get it out to 400 yards the wind will really not matter a great deal.

Dan Lilja has the tooling for the 1-8 3 groove 270 barrels so we are getting closer my friend!

Good Shooting by the way at 400 yards. So the way I understand things, your new rifle better average under 1/4 moa at 400 yards??

We will see what we can do!!

Kirby Allen(50)