3rd Annual Sportsman's Challenge

calib

May 3rd will be the 3rd Annual Sportsman's Challenge

held at Miller Ranch in Sprague, wa.

You can go to Sportsman's Challenge - Home to see more about the shoot and keep up with changes and updates. I haven't yet posted everything about it, but wanted to get the general info out about it.

There will be both big game and small game courses. The Big game targets will range from 450- 1000 and the small game will go from about 150- 600 yards.
Most likely there will be 12-14 targets between 2 courses for small game and for big game we are looking at having 15 targets between 3-4 courses that will be spread out by a couple hundred yards so that we can utilize more of the terrain on the ranch, so pack accordingly. Only people allowed to drive to the points will be guys who are disabled or have a reason for having to other than they just want to and brought too much gear.

Scoring will be 1 point for a first round hit, if missed you will be able to take one more shot for 1/2 point. Looking at the number of targets above I would suggest bringing 2 rounds per target, small(24-28), big (30) and you may even bring a couple more in case something happens where you may need a couple more.

There will be randomly picked teams of 5-6 shooters, these teams will move together throughout the competition and be responsible for scoring, timing and spotting for the team members. More will be posted about this later. Don't plan on 4 or 5 guys that are all buddies being placed together.

Plan on being out there all day so pack some lunch and water or what ever you would like to drink as long as there isn't any alcohol during or before the shoot, after the shoot that is up to you.

we will be limiting this shoot to 50 participants to be able to keep it a one day event. If there seems to be enough interest with more shooters wanting to attend maybe in the future we can make it a two day shoot and add some other events to fill the weekend.

keep in touch and if you have any questions you can e mail caleb hallett at [email protected]

if you would like to register now you can go to the website and register there and i will get you on the list.

One of the top prizes most likely for the small game portion will be a foxpro call loaded with sounds

Partners name
Your cartridges you will use
Small game only, big game only or both

With this i can get things lined up for casey working the registration table and move you guys along to start sketching your range cards or what ever you need to do before the safety brief. I will also closer to the shoot be sending out waivers for you guys to print out so when you show up you just gibe that to casey she will assign you a team, check you off and you are good to go then.

This shoot is filling up fast and more sponsors are jumping on board for this year. the rumor is that nightforce will be, but not sure of what will show up

The shoot is full,
next year we may be looking at possibly going two days or having more help to get more shooters through. keep watching the website to see how things go and what prizes are awarded.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.