378 weatherby magnum build

wmag79

I am in the designing and planning stage of building me a new rifle chamberered in 378 Weatherby. I have been having difficulty finding out what actions will work and where to get one. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Stainless is the route I went with the custom build I am having done as we speak. Beware of guns listed as "stainless" like this one. Weatherby MKV Stainless 300 wby mag w/boss : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com . That rifle is a nickle plated "Alaskan" made in Japan. Nothing wrong with a japanese Mark V, But the only Mark V that is stainless is made in USA. This would be a good donor Weatherby Mark V 270 wby stainless : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com . If you keep an eye out you can find Stainless sporters for around $750.00, Although with the political climate we are in, I would jump on any truly stainless Mark V for under a grand. I paid $1100.00 for the one I am having built, Just the price we Weatherby lovers pay for greatness. If you look at the last picture in the first link I provided, You will see the 3 Q-tip desighn on the left side of the receiver to the right of Weatherby. USA actions NEVER had that Q-tip desighn.

Hope this helps Rob

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.