.378 custom

PapaSzakal

I've tried to look online to find a custom rifle maker here in the states that can build me a hunting rifle chambered in .378 Weatherby. I've got alot of quiestions in regards to that if anyone has the patience for it. I was looking at Dakota rifles, Jarret, and a couple of others. Thanks.

Ok let me approach it this way. I am researching information on a possible rifle chambered in a .378 Weatherby other than in a Weatherby rifle. I do have a .338 Win Mag Winchester M70 Supergrade. I like the action. So I'm looking for a rifle in that action. I'm just looking for a point in the right direction. Thanks guys.

You will probably have to go to a custom action built for that size of cartridge such as a stiller or defiance etc. Any custom humanity should be willing to help you out

I've seen that not work out a couple of times. It took a few rounds in both cases, but I'd look at bigger actions.

Have a 378 Wby build in process. Justin Sipp Custom Rifles out of Utah is completing the build. Looked at several actions however stuck with the Wby Mark 5. The size of the cartridge can be an issue but most custom magnum actions should work. Great cartridge, have fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.