.375 Tejas????

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Camshaft, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Camshaft

Camshaft Well-Known Member

So i have been contemplating a build, I currently have a 700 LSS in .300 RUM, and have been leaning towards the .338 EDGE but now that i have heard about the .375 Tejas i am really considering it. I dont just want a long range hitter, i want a HAMMER! Does anyone on here have much experience with them? Where can i get dies/reamer? Can i fire form brass? what kind of real world velocities can i expect with the 350smk? I am thinking about a 32" Krieger fluted sendero with a holland radial brake. I already have my action trued and blue printed and a ptg bolt on the way. I am also considering a 40x conversion, being as this will be a heavy hitting cartridge, and i don't need it to be a repeater. It wont really be a hunting gun, i have plenty of others for that.

2. Chuckersgun

Chuckersgun New Member

Great choice.
    Call Brad Stair, he is the owner of Tejas. He now lives at Cross Canyon Arms. 801-731-0172.
    He may modify your list but there is a good reason for it, and yes he will supply you with dies.

Hope this helps.
    Your friend, Chuckersgun.

3. groper

groper Well-Known Member

Then when you have your rifle, give me a call for some 375cal 375grain projectiles similar to these ones, they work brilliant from a 1:10 twist barrel and you should be able to push them @ ~2900fps from a tejas/RUM improved...
    [​IMG]

4. 338 bruce

338 bruce Well-Known Member

my 375 tejas shoots the 350 smk at 3050 fps, 31" 1-10 brux barrel. for reloading dies I use a 378 weatherby neck die shortend .060" and an rcbs comp seat die.

5. 338Tejas

338Tejas Member

Brad is no longer at Cross Canyon Arms. He is back working for himself at Performance Guns.