.375 rum

JWVoita

Has anyone loaded the .375 Ultra Mag with the RM 375 gr bullet. I have been looking for something like this and want to try them. It would be helpful to have a little starting data from others who have already taken this path. I have a custom #1, so OCL is not an issue. This thing shoots under 1 moa. Has 26" Shilen. Also have chrony and private range to 600, so will be posting data when I'm done. Jim

Welcome to LRH!

Glad to see another 375RUM shooter! I have not tried the 375 gr RM bullet. My 9lb UNbraked LSS is a beast with 260 Accubonds. I am interested in seeing your results from the test though.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

I found your comment especially interesting. The 260 AccuBond has been my choice of bullets also. I have harvested three Elk with this bullet. they leave my Shilen at a little over 3100fps behind 94grs of IMR-4350. This is not a max load, but very accurate. I was fortunate enough to recover all three of those pills and they look like clones of each other. Perfect performance! I will post a picture of them. Also, I'll let you know how the heavier bullets "pan out". It would be nice to find some one who had a few I could buy.

Jim

I am very interested to see your results. I shoot the 270 TSX out of my RUM at 3150 106 grains of RL19. I have thought about trying the 300 or 350 TSX but the combo I have now is shooting great.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.