375 Ruger?

huntin_fool

Anyone have one? I would love to have one. I dont have a specific need for a 375 other than the fact that i just want one. If you have one do you like it? How bad is the recoil? Ive watched some videos on youtube showing the recoil but there is no way to tell since some people know how to shoot and others dont. So what kind of info can ya give me guys?

Mine's built on a p-17 Enfield. 26" barrel, wood stock Burris 3-9, weighs 9 lbs.
I'd say recoil is about like a 340 weatherby. More of a push than a poke, but I also shoot 338 Edge with 300 sierras @2800. If you can handle a 338 win. mag. you can handle a 375.gun)

The only 338 i have shot had a muzzle break on it so the recoil was like a 243. But Ive got some magnum rifles and i am not affraid of the 338.

I have a 375 taylor which is a 338 win necked up to 375. It weighs 8 lbs. Recoil can be quite stiff with full loads example: 260 accubond with 68 gr of RL-15 for a velocity of 2775. BUT the beauty of the 375 Ruger and the taylor is that you can download it! The case is a good size for reduced charges. The same bullet going 2450 is fun to shoot.

If you get one you might want to slowly work up to hotter loads until you find your limit. Who says you have to shoot that cartridge at max? FYI a 260 going 2450 sure does a number on a coyote. <grin>

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.