.375 ruger wildcats???

188MULE

Has anyone or ruger necked down the .375 ruger? My thought is that the .375 ruger case is a perfect cartridge to wildcat. I haven't done any research, just figured I see what everyone thinks.

Has anyone or ruger necked down the .375 ruger? My thought is that the .375 ruger case is a perfect cartridge to wildcat. I haven't done any research, just figured I see what everyone thinks.

A lot of guys have done it. Gunwerks has a cartidge called the 7 LRM that is necked down from the 375 Ruger, and the 338/375 is another common wildcat of the case. The 30/375 Ruger is nearly identical to the forgotten 30 Newton from years past. So to answer your question, wildcatting the 375 Ruger works for those willing to put in the effort to do it.

Here is another thread that answers your question. http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f19/wildcats-375-ruger-case-74086/

I've been in a discussion about this parent case before, it is a good design but the 375wby is a much better case, and already comes in 30, 338, and 375 cal plus there are plenty of smiths out there that have several 7x300wby reamers. Basically the downfall to the 375 ruger case is crappy hornady brass, jmo.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.