.375 muzzle brake

m.o.a.man

My wife and I are going to Africa for a plains game and Cape Buffalo hunt. She will be taking her .300 win mag and I'm taking a .300 Rem Ultra for plains game. I am planning on taking a .375 Ruger mag. for the Buffalo. Do the P.H.'s care about muzzle brakes. My wife says she'll shoot a buff if we can put a brake on it.

My wife and I are going to Africa for a plains game and Cape Buffalo hunt. She will be taking her .300 win mag and I'm taking a .300 Rem Ultra for plains game. I am planning on taking a .375 Ruger mag. for the Buffalo. Do the P.H.'s care about muzzle brakes. My wife says she'll shoot a buff if we can put a brake on it.

Most PHs don't like a break when hunting dangerous game because they are there to save your life
when things go bad and don't want to be slapped by the muzzle blast from a break and have a
temporary distraction.

Some don't mind but they will usually stand behind you instead of beside you where they could do the most good. The main thing is to ask your PH.

On plains game I don't think they care.

Go prepared to shoot either way and you will be alright.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts