375 Caliber Hornady A-Max bullet weight preference

What weight .375 cal. A-max would you prefer?

• 300-325 grains

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 326-350 grains

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • 351-375 grains

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • 376+ grains

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
Happy new year guys :)

Whilst I would love a .375 high BC jacketed projectile north of 375 grains, I fear that to withstand the launch pressure the jacket would need to be too thick to allow acceptable terminal performance at the lower velocities encountered at ELR.

Certainly a tip of some sort would help with this.

Having said that I'm lead to believe the big 50 BMG Amax might as well be a solid as far as terminal performance is concerned.

Cost aside, I believe terminal performance is the key.

When I'm shooting on steel I want to be able to see my hits at ELR distances which is nice about shooting conventional bullets vs the solids.

Happy new year guys :)

Whilst I would love a .375 high BC jacketed projectile north of 375 grains, I fear that to withstand the launch pressure the jacket would need to be too thick to allow acceptable terminal performance at the lower velocities encountered at ELR.

Certainly a tip of some sort would help with this.

Having said that I'm lead to believe the big 50 BMG Amax might as well be a solid as far as terminal performance is concerned.

Cost aside, I believe terminal performance is the key.

The 50 cal A-Max has a rather large tip... right?

Hornady A-Max Bullets 50 BMG (510 Diameter) 750 Grain Boat Tail Box of

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.