.375 bullet choice

IMG_2894.JPG
Front Side - not bad for 3040 yards and still hitting with authority, this is how our 361 gr. Flat Lines look. The only time I have seen solids just bent over and distorted is either someone hit the dirt in front of the target or just plan ran out of gas with whatever they were shooting. The 375 Snipetac is running a 32" 9 twist at 3020 fps.

Back to Hunting bullets

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now I am pretty high on the 370g Hammer Hunter. It is a great ratio of vel/bc. Depending on how far you are intending to shoot. The 370g was designed from our original 395g Hammer Hunter. We put it on a serious diet by shortening the baring surface and changing to a secant ogive while maintaining the same oal. I have an estimated bc listed on this bullet of .418 g7. There are a few guys messing with this bullet at longer ranges and this number is pretty close. A couple are saying they have to use a higher bc. I have said it before that bc for us is a secondary consideration when it comes to our hunting bullets. Terminal performance and accuracy are the ultimate goal and we will never sacrifice them to get better bc. The bc is super tough to get exact. From rifle to rifle it seems to change. I am beginning to think that the old days of plugging in multiple bc's into the ballistic solution was the best way to get good long range data. One bc just does not fit.

The 394g Hammer Hunter has been changed. SnoEx is correct, it is now 403g. We had shot this bullet out to just under 800y with our 375-338 Lap imp with 8" twist very well. Technically on paper fully stable. Turns out we just got a bit carried away with the super long nose of this bullet and the dynamic stability was suffering farther down range. In other words not enough forward weight on the bullet. We have a customer in Oregon that had been using them and he was seeing an occasional oblong hole at about 800y even though the group was still sub .5 moa. But when he was shooting at 1500y accuracy went away. Tells us that the bullet was just starting to try and swap ends at that 800y mark. So we move the baring surface forward and in the process gained a little bit of weight. Then of coarse we replaced his bullets.

Thanks for the reminder, I will go change the website now. :oops:

Steve

Still use .375 SMK for hunting in my .375 AM. Taken elk and mule deer out to 805 yd. tried GSC but not as good BC.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.