375 Barrels and Viking Projectile

Louis Corkern

Good Day everyone,

I dont frequent here much but I do know there are some of you here that shoot the 375 caliber rifles (you guys just shoot a different style of shooting than myself).
That being said I just wanted to pass on the following information that may or may not be of assistance to you:

Here is some updated information in regards to the Viking bullet from Mr. Lutz and the "specd" barrel from Mr. Carlson.
1. Barrel will be 416SS
2. Barrel will be "blank"
3. Barrel will be made to gain twist specifications per Lutz for the Viking projectile.
4. Barrel will be made to specs in regards to twist rate, # of grooves, land thickness, bore diameter, and groove diameter.
5. Mr. Carlson and Mr. Lutz will provide in writing that if for some reason the bullets do not perform properly for that barrel then the projectiles will be redesigned and sent to you with no extra cost from you until they do perform.
6. Barrel price would be $900 paid up front with guarentee receipt in 90 days.
7. Viking projectile will NOW be substantially lower in price than Hooker Tacticals projectile or any price noted on Lutz website. Looking like $1 each.
8. Please contact me for order information and please field any and all technical questions to Noel Carlson at [email protected].
Guys I understand this seems rather quick but I trying to get the orders ASAP so we can get everything fast, because I have a training date I must meet.

Thanks--Louis Corkern
[email protected]

PS: Link to Viking bullet information
.375 Chey Tac Cartridge and Bullet

Good Morning Louis,

Will the 375 Viking bullets still work in a Lawton barrel?

If they will, I want 250 of the Viking bullets.

Also, have you had any luck finding any CheyTac XM-2 brass?

I found some Bertram and Jamison brass but have not ordered any yet. I have a friend that has 97 pieces of XM-2 but no rifle. I have not been able to convince him to sell it to me.

Dennis
aka: River Man

The Vikings require a 1-8 twist, the new Jamison brass looks good but I havent fired any yet.

Lutz makes another 375 bullet that is shorter than the Viking that is supposed to work in the Lawton 1-11.5 its BC is supposed to be a little over 1.0. The Viking has never been tested as far as I know and Im not sure about the shorter bullet. It looks very similar to the 338 LM-105.

I forgot to mention that my on-order Lawton Barrel is 1 in 8 twist. I ordered this barrel specifically to shoot the Viking bullet.

The original Viking will work in my barrel. From Louis's post I'm not sure whether or not the Viking dimensions were changed for his project. If the dimesions were changed, I may not be able to use the new ones.

Dennis

The bullet demensions havent been changed the Lawton barrel 1-8 twist will work according to Lutz, just realize this project is experimental and nobody knows for sure how these are going to perform. The 1-11.5 will stabilize the Hooker, Sierra, and Lutzs' .375 which is shorter than the Viking. At this point the 1-11.5 barrel has more versitility. Also I have not fired any of these bullets in any barrel, I am just passing on info from talking firsthand with the players in this game. I have a Lawton 1-8 on order and if things go well I will have something solid to pass on soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.