375 Allen Xpress formed brass now available

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Just wanted to drop a note to say that I am not set up to form 375 Allen Xpress brass for customers. This wildcat is basically a 338 Allen Xpress necked up to 375 cal.

Performance wise, it will match a 378 Wby but in a much shorter OAL and with much stronger brass and get the performance with around 10-12 grains less powder.

Just a heads up. Doing load development on a customers APS Raptor Stalker right now in 375 AX using the 235 gr TTSX and 350 gr TSX bullets so will post results on that rifles load development. Have not posted data on my 375 Allen Xpress yet.

Just wanted to drop a note to say that I am not set up to form 375 Allen Xpress brass for customers. This wildcat is basically a 338 Allen Xpress necked up to 375 cal.

Performance wise, it will match a 378 Wby but in a much shorter OAL and with much stronger brass and get the performance with around 10-12 grains less powder.

Just a heads up. Doing load development on a customers APS Raptor Stalker right now in 375 AX using the 235 gr TTSX and 350 gr TSX bullets so will post results on that rifles load development. Have not posted data on my 375 Allen Xpress yet.

That is an intriguing cartridge Kirby, I look forward to reading your results. The 375AX might just be the extra push I need to get into the 375 i've been procrastinating about.

t

That is an intriguing cartridge Kirby, I look forward to reading your results. The 375AX might just be the extra push I need to get into the 375 i've been procrastinating about.

t

Its really the first of the APS wildcats that is designed for triple duty use depending on rifle configuration. The three design goals I had for this chambering are:

1. Obviously with all APS wildcats, a precision, long range big game hunting chambering (Raptor LRSS platform) for use with the 300 to 350 gr bullet weights while increasing barrel life measurably over the 338 Allen Xpress which is already pretty darn good.

2. Big game hunting in steep terrain when the customer wants a very hard hitting chambering in a moderate weight rifle (Raptor Hunter or Stalker Platform) Where shot opportunities could range from zero to 1/2 mile.

3. Dangerous game hunting in a lighter weight rifle (Raptor Stalker or Xtreme Sporter platform).

This is really the first APS chambering that will be WELL suited for all three uses. Most of the APS wildcats perform 1 and 2 perfectly well but its 3 that they fall a bit short on. Obviously other APS wildcats on the Lapua case are better for pure ballistic performance but I feel the 375 AX will be very impressive for all three uses.

Doing velocity testing this morning and will post results soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.