.358 Nosler Accu bond 225's

250 yards should be well within the limits of any of the 358's (hoosier,wssm, grant, etc). As with any chambering I suggest to put rounds on paper/steel at distance and not just trust a ballistic program.

Its going to be hard to find a place to target shoot that far. But I am looking very hard. When I find it hope to be productive with it as I can be.

I am losing track of who this thread is supposed to be helping and for what cartridge...

Pretty sure it was about tbshltn, not sure how many others have tried to hijack his thread but it 's getting congested.

I wasn ot aware that this thread turned into "Indiana deer cartridges" . So I apologize for the poke at the picture of the mediocre 200 yard group with 180gr bullets. That's not too shabby for such a little round.

Tbshltn, that is a very nice rifle and it shoots with accuracy you should be proud of, maybe even write home about it :) lol. No but seriously, very nice. I don't see any issues with your set up. I would leave it exactly as it sits and don't worry about speed. If you can make one shot clean kills past 500 yards, you are good to go. Those calculators are a joke past 500 yards anyhow.

I am losing track of who this thread is supposed to be helping and for what cartridge...

Pretty sure it was about tbshltn, not sure how many others have tried to hijack his thread but it 's getting congested.

I wasn ot aware that this thread turned into "Indiana deer cartridges" . So I apologize for the poke at the picture of the mediocre 200 yard group with 180gr bullets. That's not too shabby for such a little round.

Tbshltn, that is a very nice rifle and it shoots with accuracy you should be proud of, maybe even write home about it :) lol. No but seriously, very nice. I don't see any issues with your set up. I would leave it exactly as it sits and don't worry about speed. If you can make one shot clean kills past 500 yards, you are good to go. Those calculators are a joke past 500 yards anyhow.

Your correct the thread took a turn in what it was supposed to be about :)

When I done a search it was about a:
I am using this bullet in a rifle we built to use as a legal Indiana deer rifle. Its called a 358 Grant 1.8. It is based off a WSM case trimmed to 1.8", necked up to .358, with a 40* shoulder and very little body taper.

Sorry if I throw some kind of wrench it there.

I read the whole thread. Its all very interesting. I'm still trying to wrap my head around those legal restrictions to hunt deer in Indiana, but actually those rounds would be extremely useful up here. And the low trajectory is a bonus.
So, while I have no experience with the 225 gr AB. This is a very interesting thread that I hope continues. The 180+200 gr TSX are very useful bullets and at the velocities listed would be sufficient for any down south game and that is a beautiful buck that was taken with the 200 gr TSX.

.......I'm still trying to wrap my head around those legal restrictions to hunt deer in Indiana.........

The original intent was to allow traditional "pistol" cartridges in rifles. The original length restriction of 1.625 allowed conventional cartridges up to the 500 S&W. Then after the 460 Smith hit the market they ammended the law out to 1.8" so the new round could be used.

One great thing they did was to allow wildcat cartridges as long as they were within the set parameters of a projectile .357 or larger and a case length not exceeding 1.8". This opened the door for the WSM and WSSM based cartridges.

CR

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.