338NM action??

Both my Normas are Defiance Mod 27, .750 one piece fluted bolts. I could hit Defiance back door with my bow from my place.

Both my Normas are Defiance Mod 27, .750 one piece fluted bolts. I could hit Defiance back door with my bow from my place.

Hit them with an arrow and see if they will hook me up with a discount! I think ill be going with defiance on this build. As kirby recommended, the rebel seems like the right action for the job. Replacement bolts are under 500$ too which is a bit less than the BAT bolts we discussed earlier

Hit them with an arrow and see if they will hook me up with a discount! I think ill be going with defiance on this build. As kirby recommended, the rebel seems like the right action for the job. Replacement bolts are under 500$ too which is a bit less than the BAT bolts we discussed earlier

Their bolts are also true one piece bolts so impossible to get stronger then that. For the money, hard to beat. Not cheap but worth every penny!!!

I on the other hand CANNOT hit their back door with my bow!!! I would have to drive a few hours, then I could!!! Glen may not appreciate all the field tip holes in his back door though!! :D Especially if its close to lunch or break time!!!

I got a bud just about to get his Defiance Norma together. Glenn made the employees a deal on a sweet 308 platform that they produced not to long ago. They are also doing Ar platforms.

ishoot...

I just did some pricing and my calcs show a single-bolt BAT HRPIC (which includes mag well cut, any MOA Pic rail you'd care to spec, bolt fluting, and integral recoil lug) at $1400.

The Deviant with .750 bolt, mag cut, fluting, recoil lug, and 20 MOA rail comes in at $1480

The Rebel with mag cut, mid-range price on the fluting at $55, the Pic rail, and the recoil lug at $1400.

Yes the bolts are less but don't forget to add the fluting.

If you are not set on getting a second bolt and you haven't compared the two actions side by side, I'd make that side by side my first priority. Like BAT says, "cry once" (in your case ONLY if you need a second bolt).

Having not seen how you spec'd the Defiance, my numbers may be off. The above just in case you didn't note all the options needed with the Defiance. I'd also ask each company what your configuration will weigh. Having a LONG wait for my BAT HR, I'd also ask both for a semi-firm lead time.

One final note, BAT offers their action (including bolt body) nitrided - add $110 (if that price hasn't changed).

In either case you'll have a nice build.

ishoot...

I just did some pricing and my calcs show a single-bolt BAT HRPIC (which includes mag well cut, any MOA Pic rail you'd care to spec, bolt fluting, and integral recoil lug) at $1400.

The Deviant with .750 bolt, mag cut, fluting, recoil lug, and 20 MOA rail comes in at $1480

The Rebel with mag cut, mid-range price on the fluting at $55, the Pic rail, and the recoil lug at $1400.

If you are not set on getting a second bolt and you haven't compared the two actions side by side, I'd make that side by side my first priority. Like BAT says, "cry once" (in your case ONLY if you need a second bolt).

Having not seen how you spec'd the Defiance, my numbers may be off. The above just in case you didn't note all the options needed with the Defiance. I'd also ask each company what your configuration will weigh. Having a LONG wait for my BAT HR, I'd also ask both for a semi-firm lead time.

One final note, BAT offers their action (including bolt body) nitrided - add $110 (if that price hasn't changed).

Wow, thank u sir for doing that research! They are really close in price! I love the fact that the bat and deviant have integral recoil lugs and i assumed the bat only came with a 20moa rail. Now i have to start all over! Lol ill have to compare the two side byside today on myy lunch break :) thanks again

Just my .02:

I am in the process of a similar build and I went with the Defiance Deviant with the seekins bottom metal cutout.

I wanted 40 MOA cant in the scope base, but as you know the integrated base is 20 MOA.

My solution is the Spuhr one piece rings. The are very highly regarded and come in 0, 10,20 MOA cants.

Just another way to skin a cat.

- Dave

ishoot...

So here is another stupid question. How do u add the features u want on the bat from their website. I clicked the "configure action" link and all i could choose was left or right ejection port. Immediately i was taken to the checkout screen. At what point can i choose my bolt fluting, rail spec, nitriding, etc? Its probably a stupid mistake on my part but could someone help me out

ishoot:

Almost everything is standard on the BAT. You do have to tell them which bolt fluting option you want and port configuration (price is included in the "base" unless you want dual port or left port). If you want a different rail MOA and/or nitriding, you need to call them. Rail MOA is no added cost, nitriding is $110 - unless that has changed). In any case, I'd call.

Telephone Hours: Monday thru Thursday
3 pm - 5 pm (PST)By Phone: 208-687-0341

ishoot:

Almost everything is standard on the BAT. You do have to tell them which bolt fluting option you want and port configuration (price is included in the "base" unless you want dual port or left port). If you want a different rail MOA and/or nitriding, you need to call them. Rail MOA is no added cost, nitriding is $110 - unless that has changed). In any case, I'd call.

Telephone Hours: Monday thru Thursday
3 pm - 5 pm (PST)By Phone: 208-687-0341

I knew it was probably a stupid question! Thanks alot! Ill definitely give them a call soon! Heres another stupid question..why would u want to nitride an action? Maybe ill hit up google for this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.