338EDGE Brass PROBLEM!!!!!

I'm using 300rum brass

A tapered expander ball will make your life much easier as it will gradually open up the case mouth.
Imperial Sizing wax from Redding on the mouths will help immensely, be sure to wipe it out of the neck before charging with powder. I use laquer thinner as then there is no residue left to contaminate the powder charge.

Last edited:
Hey Chris,

Sorry I don't have any solutions for you. But you should post some pics of the 338Edge you got back from Rick. He was pretty quick getting it back to you I'd say!

Cheers

Timing , they say is everything. Chris just happened to hit a point in time when I had barrels in stock, and some time to build a rifle for him, as everything else on the build board was missing something to complete the project. Mostly important parts , like actions.
Once I get the 30 plus Nesika actions that are sitting on the wrong side of the 49th parallel right now, things will again be hopping here and those who drop a rifle off after this batch of actions arrives, will be at the bottom of the list having to wait their turn.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.