338 snipe-tac

jdg300rum

I just recieved my snipe-tac 338 from Dave at Viersco Mfg. It was a long wait but let me tell you it was worth it. I broke the barrel in just as he instructed me. This rifle is a blast to shoot. Here are some of the specs:

Lawton 8000 long action, chrome – moly fluted bolt.
Lawton 32" 1 in 11 twist ss barrel with a Ti brake.
Jewel trigger set at 15 oz's.
Lone wolf carbon stock, black/grey.
30 moa Scope mount.
Night force 8-32 scope npr1.

I just recieved my snipe-tac 338 from Dave at Viersco Mfg. It was a long wait but let me tell you it was worth it. I broke the barrel in just as he instructed me. This rifle is a blast to shoot. Here are some of the specs:

Lawton 8000 long action, chrome – moly fluted bolt.
Lawton 32" 1 in 11 twist ss barrel with a Ti brake.
Jewel trigger set at 15 oz's.
Lone wolf carbon stock, black/grey.
30 moa Scope mount.
Night force 8-32 scope npr1.

Sarge.jpg

Here is the pictures

Here is the group John shot with his .338 Sunday at 560. Loaded with 140g of h50bmg, 300 smk, federal 215m, Jamison brass. Velocity of 3410 over a five shot string with eight feet per secound varience.
groupwithruler.jpg

338snipe-tacgroup.jpg

Here is some pictures of his 338 Snipe-Tac built by Viersco.
cloeuprifle.jpg

rifleandface.jpg

Here is him shoting the rifle at 1010.
3381000yards.jpg

Very nice indeed!! Wish someone could send me a reamer print for a closer look I just might have to build one of these!! Or just tell me who ground the reamer.

jdg300rum

Nice pictures! Nice group out of the back of a pickup. Pretty nice country down there in Tenn. Too bad your limited on distance, id like to see some 1000+yard groups.

Dave

Black diamond I working on that now. I got a place to shoot little over 1300 yards. I hope to have some reports in a week or so. I am going to shot 1000 yards again tomorrow. I am getting 7 firing out of my brass and still going.

shroud??

So what's with the different bolt shroud? What is the overall weight with the nightforce onboard? Thanks, Brad

Lazylabs

What do you mean about the different bolt shroud? Are you talking about the natural aluminum finish?

If i remember the bare rifle was around 12#, maybe John can weigh the rifle as is and report back.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.